1/3 Photos of "5-Minute Bread" Pizza
My son recently showed me a recipe for Artisan bread that is incredibly tasty and easy to make. You can find the recipe at http://shoottocook.com/recipes/baking/artisan-bread-in-five-minutes/ . The name is Artisan Bread in “Five Minutes” and you really need to try it, it’s great. Using the dough I prepared from that recipe, I made my pizza crust and it turned out fantastic! This is also a great way to experiment, use different ingredients and adapt the pizza to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for the crust)
- 8 ounces of sliced black olives
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (green, yellow or orange, your call)
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 12 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms
- 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 pint pizza sauce (I make my own but store-bought will work)
- 11. Cover the top of your pizza stone or, if you don’t have one, the inside of a cookie sheet with a good dusting of flour.
- 22. Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- 33. Pour 3 tablespoons of EVOO into a small bowl.
- 44. Cut out a chunk of your 5-minute Bread dough, big enough to be the size somewhere in between a baseball and a softball.
- 55. With your fingers flatten the dough to fit on top of your pizza stone or cookie sheet. From this point on, the crust will remain on the stone or cookie sheet until the pizza is done.
- 66. With a pastry brush, cover the top of the flattened dough with a thin layer of the olive oil.
- 77. Turn the dough over (this can be delicate and messy but you can always work the dough back into shape with your fingers) and brush the other side with olive oil.
- 88. Partially bake the dough for about 7 minutes and take it out of the oven (carefully!).
- 99. Using a large spoon or a ladle, spread the pizza sauce on top of the partially-baked crust and cover it as evenly as possible to within one inch of the edges.
- 1010. Distribute the rest of the ingredients (except for the cheese) all over the top of the pizza sauce. Be creative, my grandchildren like it when I make smiling faces with the pepperoni, black olives and the peppers.
- 1111. Cover the top of the pizza completely with the mozzarella all the way to the edge.
- 1212. Place the pizza stone or cookie sheet in the 425 degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust have turned a dark, golden brown. If the edges are very light, this may mean that the center of the crust is still raw.
- 1313. Take the pizza out of the oven and place it on a fire-resistant surface. Let it rest for approximately 10 minutes (if you can resist it that long), slice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "5-Minute Bread" Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 707.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g