Recipe by p81
This is a wonderful version of the chicken tikka you get in restaurants for vegetarians! Simple, healthy and delish! (preparation time doesn't include marinating time)
- 500 g quorn pieces
For the marinade
- 500 g plain yogurt
- 8 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 3 green peppers, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything for the marinade.
- Chuck in the quorn.
- Mix well and leave in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours if time is short).
- Shake off the excess marinade and either thread the quorn pieces onto skewers with the onion and pepper chucks or just bung the whole lot in a preheated oven at gas mark 9 for about 20-25 minutes.
- serve with salad.