Halcyon Eve's Note:
From the Quorn website. Times are estimated. Quorn is a mycoprotein meat substitute (myco- means fungi). Quorn does contain egg white and milk solids, though, so it is not suitable for people with those allergies (and I understand it can sometimes affect people with allergies to other fungi, such as mushrooms or yeast; mycoprotein allergies are evidently very rare), or for vegans or non-ovo-lacto vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) package quorn meatballs, defrosted on counter for 15 minutes
For Basting Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar, preferably unrefined sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1/2 teaspoon regular paprika
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For Roasted Garlic and Lime Aioli
- 1Before you start, set some 4 inch bamboo skewers to soak in warm water. Oil grill rack to prevent sticking. Prepare coals, if using a charcoal grill.
- 2To make Basting Sauce, whisk together all sauce ingredients until sugar has dissolved. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Allow to cool (may be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in refrigerator).
- 3To make Roasted Garlic and Lime Aioli, mash roasted garlic cloves with the back of a table knife. Work salt into garlic to make a paste, place into a bowl, and add eggs and lime juice. Whisk together. While continuing to whisk egg mixture, slowly add cayenne and then olive oil, a little at at time, until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture is emulsified. Fold in zest. Refrigerate until ready to use (may be made up to 24 hours in advance).
- 4To prepare meatballs, thread two meatballs onto each skewer. Grill about 1/2-1 inch over heat source, turning often, for 10 minutes. Baste with sauce and continue to grill, turning and basting often, until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quorn Meatballs With Roasted Garlic and Lime Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.5
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: