1/1 Photo of Qunoa and Black Bean Salad
A lovely salad where the steaming of the quinoa is very important to get the right texture. Boiling won't give you the light fluffy texture.alone, so for any salad recipe using quinoa use this two cooking methods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked. Rinse if canned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn (microwave frozen if you don't have any already cooked)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1In a bowl wash quinoa in at least 5 rinses of water, til it runs clear.
- 2In a saucepan of boiling salted water cook quinoa for 10 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3Set sieve over saucepan of boiling water (quinoa should not touch the water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid until fluffy and dry about 10 minutes.
- 4While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper.
- 5Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapenos, and coriander. Toss well.
- 6Make Dressing:.
- 7In a small bowl whisk together lime juice salt and cumin and add oil in a stream whisking.
- 8Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well. May be made a day in advance and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Qunoa and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 17.1 g