Not sure quiche is the right word but eggs + milk, baked, sounds like a quiche to me. The "secret" ingredient is cornmeal. The cornmeal sinks to the bottom so you have a kind of polenta-y/cornbread-y bottom. Recipe from WW Core forum. IHNTY
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups egg substitute (or use 8 eggs)
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 16 ounces nonfat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup plain cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley (optional)
- 1 cup minced ham (optional)
- 1 cup corn kernel (optional)
- 1/2 cup sauteed onion (optional)
- 1 cup sauteed mushroom (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Thoroughly mix eggs, milk and cornmeal. Stir in any additions.
- 3Pour mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes -1 hour or until set in the center and brown on top.
- 4Cooks note: Add whatever cheese, veggies, spices or herbs that you want, not limited to those I've listed, but keep the egg to milk ratio the same. Within reason, you can use more or less cornmeal depending on how firm you want the "crust" to be.
- 5NB - any veggies you add must be well drained!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quirky Cornmeal Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat cheddar cheese