Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Strictly Vegan, to die for, Oatmeal cookies (egg-less)
Make and share this Quintique's Strictly Vegan Oatmeal Cookies/Bars (Egg-Lesss) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural cane sugar (to desired sweetness)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup Earth Balance natural buttery spread or 1⁄2 cup any vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soymilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon any available oil
- 1 cup pecans (any nut desirable) (optional)
- raisins (add to desired preference) (optional)
- craisins (add to desired preference) (optional)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350.
- 2) Mix all dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- 3) Mix all wet ingredients in a separate container (this does not include the Earth Balance (or other vegan butter).
- 4) Add the Earth Balance (or other vegan butter) to dry mixed ingredients with hands until the texture comes to a crummy texture.
- 5) Now, Add mixed wet ingredients to dry mixed ingredients.
- 6) Add the nut.
- 7) Add Raisins to one half of the batter in a separate bowl, then add the Craisins to the other half of the mix, or add to desired preference.
- 8) Drop the cookies on a lightly oiled cooking sheet.
- 10) Bake for 10min.
- Note: The cookies will not look done after 10min. But, take them out and let cool. The result will be to die for, chewy strictly vegan oatmeal cookies! Enjoy.