I came up with this recipe when I had some leftovers and wanted to make something healthy and high in protein. Quinoa is consider as a new super healthy food. It can be served hot or cold as a salad. Great for pick-nick or lunch box.
- Rinse quinoa well. Put into saucepan add 1 3/4 cups of water, chicken stock cube. Cover bring to boil than lower the heat and cook for 20 minute.
- Turn off the heat and keep covered for another 10 minute.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil until hot than add onion, carrot, zucchini, garlic cook for about 5 minute Add corn and pea cook for 1min. Turn off the heat and set a side.
- In large bowl mix quinoa and veggies together. Add grilled, sliced chicken breast.
- You can serve it hot or cold.
Great recipe - my family all enjoyed this dish for dinner tonight. I love that it uses quinoa as it is a great change from rice and much better for protein and low GI too. Packed full of veges and very easy to make. I sliced the chicken and just placed it on top. All served hot. Photo also being posted