Recipe by Hanka
I came up with this recipe when I had some leftovers and wanted to make something healthy and high in protein. Quinoa is consider as a new super healthy food. It can be served hot or cold as a salad. Great for pick-nick or lunch box.
Top Review by **Jubes**
Great recipe - my family all enjoyed this dish for dinner tonight. I love that it uses quinoa as it is a great change from rice and much better for protein and low GI too. Packed full of veges and very easy to make. I sliced the chicken and just placed it on top. All served hot. Photo also being posted
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup corn, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup baby peas, frozen
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa well. Put into saucepan add 1 3/4 cups of water, chicken stock cube. Cover bring to boil than lower the heat and cook for 20 minute.
- Turn off the heat and keep covered for another 10 minute.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil until hot than add onion, carrot, zucchini, garlic cook for about 5 minute Add corn and pea cook for 1min. Turn off the heat and set a side.
- In large bowl mix quinoa and veggies together. Add grilled, sliced chicken breast.
- You can serve it hot or cold.