Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by the popular Japanese recipe, rice with sweet potatoes and hijiki. For more healthy, glutlen-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 12 -16 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons dried hijiki seaweed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock base or 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- (Option) On the day before, rinse quinoa and soak in water for 2 hours. Then transfer the quinoa to a colander, place a bowl underneath it to catch the water drippings, and store it in a dark place (like in a kitchen cabinet) for 24 hours. Rinse a couple of times (once before you go to sleep and once next morning).
- Soak diced sweet potatoes and hijiki in water in separate bowls for 20 minutes and rinse.
- Place quinoa, potatoes, hijiki and 2 cups of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add vegetable base and salt, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and keep it covered for 5 minutes.
- Infuse love and serve.