1/1 Photo of Quinoa With Sweet Potato and Mushrooms
A great side dish, or main dish light supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix quinoa, water and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and cayenne pepper; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the sweet potato is soft, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water into the skillet as needed to keep the vegetables from drying out and sticking.
- 5Divide the quinoa among 4 plates and ladle the vegetables over the quinoa. Sprinkle with almond slivers.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Sweet Potato and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g