Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Top Review by katew
This made a great brekky ! We are big eaters and lovers of quinoa. I buy a 1.8 kg bag for $9.99 at Costco. Then I saw Packham pears yesterday - big ones - for 99 cents a kilo. So this was the perfect recipe for me. Easy and delicious !!
- 90 g quinoa (1/2 cup)
- 185 ml water (3/4 cup)
- 125 ml low-fat milk (1/2 cup)
- ground cinnamon (to serve)
STEWED CINNAMON PEAR
- 1 pear (large peeled cored and cut into wedges)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the quinoa in a small heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water (not in ingredient list how much will depend on the bowl the quinoa is in) and set aside for 5 minutes and then drain and rinse well.
- Put the quinoa, water and milk in a small saucepan and cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat to low and cook covered for 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the grains are tender.
- STEWED CINNAMON PEAR - meanwhile, put the pear, water and cinnamon in a small saucepan and cover and bring to a simmer over a medium heat and then reduce heat to low and cook covered, for 10 minutes or until the pear is just tender.
- Divide the quinoa mixture between bowls and top with the pear mixture and sprinkle with a little cinnamon to serve.