Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy alternative for the gluten-allergic, the lazy college-student. It's so simple, you just cannot go wrong with it. Regarding the quinoa: If you plan on making a lot of these salads, it's advisable to cook the quinoa in a big batch and store it in the fridge. It saves a lot of time because before cooking you have to rinse it extremely well to get rid of the bitter coating.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in pan, and saute garlic for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and cook it up (2 minutes). Then add the tomatoes, spinach leaves and scallion. Keep stirring until the spinach leaves are slightly wilted.
- Turn of the heat immediately, and season lightly with pepper, a pinch of salt and dried basil. Be careful with the salt, because of the feta!
- Serve with the chicken and feta. Enjoy your meal :).
Very good. I had to quadruple the recipe, and it made just the right amount for 4 servings- although I used more chicken. I was surprised that it didn't need much seasoning at all- just a bit of salt and pepper. I also toasted my quinoa for 15 minutes before cooking it to bring out that nice nutty flavor, which really made this dish shine.
Yum! Quadrupled the recipe for me and my husband and we like to cook once and eat twice. This was a great way to use the spinach and cherry tomatoes we had on hand. I probably used more chicken than the recipe called for. Used non-fat feta cheese and it made the dish! Looking forward to leftovers!