Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, tasty, a very nice side dish or double for a main course. Serves 2.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, uncooked and well rinsed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced very thin
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer.
- In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and reduce heat to simmer until water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and garlic and onion.
- Cook the garlic in the oil until the edges of the garlic turns very light brown, being careful not to burn the garlic (reduce heat to low if necessary).
- When the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the skillet along with the spinach.
- Stir it together until the spinach wilts.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and stir to combine. Makes 2 servings.
SOOOO good!!! I doubled the recipe AND doubled the spinach. Quick, easy, delicious (and healthy too!!)
I love the addition of spinach, and doubled the amount of it. I truly wish all healthy food would taste like that. Thank you.
I really enjoyed this dish. It's very quick to make. Wonderful flavors!