Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first read this recipe in a mountaineering magazine. A quick and easy lunch for those on a diet. Think it could use a pinch of salt, and perhaps a bit more spice and dried fruit than is listed below, but it is an interesting taste and texture, all told.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 dried apricots, diced (I used dried pears)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 small scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Boil quinoa in water for 15 minutes to remove bitter taste. Drain.
- Mix all ingredients. Serve hot or cold.
Very dry -- needs more lemon juice and olive oil.
This was sooo good I can't wait to have it again. My idea of the perfect comfort food. And it's healthy! I, too, added salt.