Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious and healthy http://www.bhg.com/recipe/quinoa-with-sausage-and-peppers-1/
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 (12 ounce) packagescooked italian chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add sweet peppers, onion, and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, stir mixture gently. Top each serving with cheese.