1/3 Photos of Quinoa With Roasted Corn and Peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh is best, but defrosted frozen works well, too)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 1/2 cups stock (water can be used instead)
- chopped fresh herb (to garnish, I prefer either chives, parsley, or cilantro)
- 1Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet with a lid. Once oil is hot, add the corn and yellow pepper. Season with salt and fresh-ground pepper, then cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies soften and corn begins to brown (10 minutes or so).
- 2Add the quinoa and stir. Continue cooking for a couple minutes. When quinoa starts popping and getting toasted, add the stock or water and bring to a boil. Stir one more time, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook covered and undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- 3Uncover and check quinoa for doneness. If the grains are still hard, make sure there's still enough liquid to keep the bottom of the pan moist, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 4When the quinoa is ready, remove from the heat and taste for seasonings. Add more salt and pepper if needed, then add the chopped herbs for garnish. This can be served warm, or it can be allowed to cool to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Roasted Corn and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: