Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my recreation of a dish from The Tomato Pie Restaurant outside Pittsburgh, PA.
Make and share this Quinoa With Roasted Cauliflower and Kale recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Peel and smash 1 garlic clove.
- 2. Bring broth and garlic to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to med-high, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the quinoa absorbs the broth.
- 3. Slice cauliflower into 1/2 inch thick slabs, then chop into bite-sized pieces. The flat slices will brown and caramelize better than florets. Slice remaining garlic. Cut the stems out of the kale leaves and chop into 1 inch squares.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic slices. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add cauliflower cut-sides down. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower browns slightly. Flip the cauliflower, sprinkle with 1 teaspoons salt, and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn the heat up to med-high if necessary. The cauliflower should be cooked, but still have a crunch to it. Remove the cauliflower from the skillet and set aside.
- 5. Heat 1 tablespoons in the skillet and add chopped kale. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes, or until the kale turns bright green and starts to wilt. Add the cauliflower back to the skillet and mix.
- 6. Serve the quinoa topped with the cauliflower and kale. Sprinkle with seasame seeds and garnish with garlic scapes, if available.