1/1 Photo of Quinoa With Roasted Butternut Squash
Food Network Kitchen's Note:
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- 2Place the squash in a medium bowl and add 3 tablespoons of the oil, the thyme and 2 teaspoons of salt and season with pepper to taste. Mix until the squash is well coated. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread squash out into a single layer. Roast until a paring knife slides into the squash with no resistance, about 30 minutes, stirring about halfway through the cooking time. Put the pistachios on a small baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in cold water in a fine-mesh strainer. Bring the broth or water to a boil and stir in the quinoa. Simmer, uncovered, until a small white spiral becomes visible in each grain, about 9 minutes. Drain the quinoa and transfer it to a medium bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the pistachios, cranberries, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl and toss with the hot squash until slightly wilted. Add the quinoa mixture and toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Roasted Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar