Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Lorna Sass at LocalHarvest.org.
Make and share this Quinoa With Purple Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb purple potatoes (no need to peel) or 1⁄2 lb fingerling potato, scrubbed and trimmed (no need to peel)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth or 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the potatoes 1/4" thick. Cut slices into matchsticks 1" long by 1/4" wide.
- In a 3 qt saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are limp and beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broth and salt. Stir in quinoa and potatoes. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until potatoes are tender and quinoa is translucent, 13-15 minutes. Add remaining olive oil and more salt, if needed.