I love pistachios, as well as quinoa, which is why I was drawn to this recipe. It makes a nice side dish. From VT May/June 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small skillet, toss pistachios over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown.
- 2Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly. Chop them and set aside.
- 3In heavy saucepan over medium heat, toast the quinoa until it is light brown and begins to pop (about 3 minutes).
- 4Stir in salt and 2 cups of water.
- 5Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- 6Transfer the quinoa to a serving bowl and allow to cool.
- 7Add parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint to the cooled quinoa. Stir in the pistachios.
- 8Let stand for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- 9Adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice if necessary.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Pistachios, Parsley and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g