Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love pistachios, as well as quinoa, which is why I was drawn to this recipe. It makes a nice side dish. From VT May/June 2006
- In a small skillet, toss pistachios over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly. Chop them and set aside.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, toast the quinoa until it is light brown and begins to pop (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in salt and 2 cups of water.
- Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Transfer the quinoa to a serving bowl and allow to cool.
- Add parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint to the cooled quinoa. Stir in the pistachios.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice if necessary.
Delicious! First time toasting quinoa before cooking--nice method! Next time I'll add more pistachios, diced red onion, and lessen, or eliminate, the parsley (dining companion didn't care for it). Easy and tasty recipe. Thanks for posting!