1/1 Photo of Quinoa With Leeks and Shiitake Mushrooms
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 495 calories, 15.7 g fat, 15.8 g protein, 73.8 g carb, 7.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- 2Stir in quinoa.
- 3Cover and lower heat; simmer 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Stir in parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 5Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 6Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 7Add in leek; stir/saute 6 minutes or until wilted.
- 8Add in mushrooms, bell pepper, and wine; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 9Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 10Place 1 cup quinoa mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each with 1 1/4 cup vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons walnuts.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Leeks and Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 328.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free vegetable broth