Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 495 calories, 15.7 g fat, 15.8 g protein, 73.8 g carb, 7.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in leek; stir/saute 6 minutes or until wilted.
- Add in mushrooms, bell pepper, and wine; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place 1 cup quinoa mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each with 1 1/4 cup vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons walnuts.
I wanted to like this I really did but I just couldn't. I found it very bland and I was very dissapointed as I had paid a lot for my Shitake muhrooms. I know this is a low fat recipe but some spices would liven it up. Not a keeper I'm afraid!
An elegant recipe, classic and mild. I added some red pepper for a little more pizzazz. This dish comes together quickly.