Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the PCC website.
Make and share this Quinoa With Garlic and Soy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- In sauce pan, sauté onion in oil until softened and lightly browned. Add garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add quinoa and stir constantly, toasting it for about a minute.
- Add stock, soy sauce and salt. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or so, or until liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has exposed its little white spirals or tails.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Fluff with a fork and stir in parsley.
This has nice flavor but I had some problems with it. The cooking time took about 30 minutes until it appeared the stock was absorbed (never had that problem before). It was also very salty despite using a very low sodium soy sauce. Next time I'd probably leave out the salt altogether. I used red quinoa.
This is fantastic! Full of flavor and easy to make. I used water and gluten free soya sauce. Will certainly make again! Made for the Gardening Forum March Herb of the Month.