Recipe by KatieMurch
Simple dish for a simple day. From: http://thesepeasarehollow.blogspot.com/2011/04/fuel-to-ride.html
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 1⁄2 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for frying egg
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa and edamame, and toss with one teaspoon of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the egg until whites are set, but yolk is still runny (this will make a nice little sauce for your quinoa). Season egg with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the quinoa and top with the hot fried egg. Serve with the sliced avocado, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.