Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious! Flavors similar to Jumbalaya, this is a really nice side dish, or even a main meal for two.
- 1⁄2 cup chorizo sausage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Add chorizo to cold sauce pan, bring up to medium high heat, (to render some fat from the sausage) sautee chorizo until it begins to brown, pour off excess fat so that you have about 1tps in the pot.
- Add peppers, onion, thyme and garlic and sautee’ with chorizo until it begins to soften.
- In the meantime, rinse quinoa well in a fine mesh strainer.
- Add quinoa to the pot with the other ingredients, stir to combine.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and cover. Cook covered until quinoa is tender (about 15 minutes).
I have made a variation of this recipe that does not include peppers and substitutes paparika for thyme. I also toast the quinoa before adding chorizo to the pan. This recipe is super easy and very delicious. I first had it at a friend's house for dinner and had to get the recipe... couldn't get enough! Definitely recommended.
Enjoyed this, Im on WW so was a good alternative recipe and filling. Flavour of the Chorizo gets soaked up in all of the other ingredients!!