Recipe by Raspil
i came up with this while in culinary school. it was my first time using quinoa. i rather liked it and want to share.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is really tasty and easy, but I have never taken quinoa off the heat to sit for 20 minutes and have it be done, so I simmered mine for 15 minutes and then let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb the remaining liquid. I served mine hot but the optional chilling direction I think would be good as a summer salad. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, reconstituted with madeira, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- over medium heat, melt butter and sweat shallots.
- add quinoa, stir in pan to brown slightly.
- add stock and orange juice.
- bring to full simmer.
- taste and adjust salt if needed.
- remove from heat, cover and steam for about 15-20 minutes.
- (optional) chill for 20 minutes.
- add cherries and herbs.