1/1 Photo of Quinoa With Cauliflower, Cranberries and Pine Nuts
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I've been looking for quinoa recipes and found this one in Vegan Express by Nava Atlas. She recommends using a fragrant oil such as walnut oil or untoasted sesame oil but olive oil may be substituted if those oils aren't available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed in a fine sieve
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onions or 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small pieces and florets
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted in a dry skillet
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Combine quinoa with 2 1/2 cups water in a saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- 2Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until water has been absorbed.
- 3While quinoa is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan; add onion and saute over medium-low heat until golden.
- 4Add cauliflower and about 1/3 cup water; cover and cook 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender.
- 5Once quinoa is done, add it to the cauliflower mixture; add cranberries, pine nuts and parsley.
- 6Toss together then remove from heat.
- 7Drizzle in remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Cauliflower, Cranberries and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g