Lovely Middle Eastern flavoured breakfast. Modified from a recipe found on http://www.dinnersanddreams.net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (I use raw, organic, local, creamed honey, use the best you can get)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water (I use Yamaha brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricot (Not hard as a rock!)
- 1/8 cup chopped pistachios
- 1Place the quinoa and cinnamon stick with the water and almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 12 minutes.
- 2Stir in the honey and orange blossom water.
- 3Let sit covered for a few minutes.
- 4Serve topped with the apricots and pistachios.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa With Apricots & Pistachios (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water