Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Lovely Middle Eastern flavoured breakfast. Modified from a recipe found on http://www.dinnersanddreams.net.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey (I use raw, organic, local, creamed honey, use the best you can get)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange blossom water (I use Yamaha brand)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot (Not hard as a rock!)
- 1⁄8 cup chopped pistachios
- Place the quinoa and cinnamon stick with the water and almond milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and orange blossom water.
- Let sit covered for a few minutes.
- Serve topped with the apricots and pistachios.
Made as written and funny how two servings became one big serving-for me!! ;) I prepared my own almond milk (Easy Almond Nut Milk) and made up the quarter cup difference with water. My servings had a little bit more orange blossom water added and I also add a sprinkle of salt to my serving. Made for Nueces/January/Enero in Spanish Forum.
I always appreciate new ways to serve quinoa, & this recipe is right in there ~ very satisfying! Loved the combo of apricot & pistachio & also the quinoa in the almond milk! A great recipe keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the current Veggie Swap]