1/1 Photo of Quinoa Winter Salad
Have been introducing new grains into my menu and put this one together using leftovers and items in the pantry. So good, I thought it was worth posting. Makes a great side dish to roasted chicken or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under running water.
- 2Toss quinoa into a small saucepan and lightly toast.
- 3Add 2 cups of water and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce to a low simmer and cover.
- 5Cook 15-20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- 6In a separate pan, heat oil under a medium flame.
- 7Add sage and onions.
- 8Saute 5-7 minutes until the onions are soft.
- 9Add the chopped apple and cubed squash to the onions.
- 10Cook 5 minutes more.
- 11Add in pumpkin pie spice.
- 12At this point, the quinoa should be done.
- 13Stir quinoa into the pan with the onions, apples and squash.
- 14Top with dried cranberries.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Winter Salad
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves