Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe when I got my first shipment from the local organic buying club and didn't even know what some of the veggies were! It turned out great - so I wanted to share it! It is a little spicy - so you can add the spicy Thai chili sauce as desired.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 leek
- 1 bunch chard leaves
- 2 bell peppers (I used 1 red, 1 yellow)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups asparagus
- firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- salt and pepper
- Cut all veggies into desired size - I like them cut into pretty small pieces.
- Add 2 cups of water to the quinoa in a separate pan. Bring to boil, cover, turn to low heat or remove from heat, and let finish cooking.
- In a separate saucepan, saute ginger and garlic until soft, then add onions until translucent. Add peppers and leeks; saute until tender. Add olive oil, white wine vinegar, and thai chili sauce along the way.
- On a separate skillet, grill asparagus until slightly tender and grill tofu until slightly brown.
- Add the asparagus and tofu to the onions, peppers, and leeks. Add any remaining olive oil, white wine vinegar, and sweet thai chili sauce. Add carrots and chard, cover and let chard wilt. Finally, stir in corn (after rinsing to reduce sodium).
This was a wonderful find! I was looking for something yummy to do with my Swiss Chard. I happen to have most the ingredients for this recipe. I didn't use the tofu and I had a chile sauce, but it was not Thai (would love to try it with the Thai next time). I had this as a side with Halibut. It was delicious and I will prepare this often. Thank-you!