Recipe by Browneyes82
Found this recipe on pinterest but wanted the nutritional info, so I'm submitting it on here! Hoping to try this out soon! (I also had to guesstimate on the prep/cook time since I haven't made this yet.)
Top Review by Dingo888
I made this recipe last night and thought it was great texture-wise, but that it needed more flavor. I used black beans cooked from dry though, not canned, so the salt content was probably lower for that reason. However, I thought it could have used more cumin, garlic, and maybe some fresh herbs or something. I'll tinker with ingredients some more next time.
Also, I did end up adding more water to my quinoa while it was cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add cooked quinoa, scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Form mixture into four patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned, about 8 minutes per side.