1/4 Photos of Quinoa Vegetarian Chili
Found on Homemakers, this is an easy, and smaller portioned vegetarian quinoa chili. Qunioa has more protein than any other grain, as well as more nutrients! Make sure to rinse your quinoa well, as this will remove any residual bitter-tasting natural saponins coating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (or a mixture of red, yellow & green peppers)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed & drained (or whatever type you have on hand)
- 1 cup corn
- 1In a large, deep saucepan, heat oil over medium heat;.
- 2Add onion, celery, carrots, pepper & garlic. Cook, stirring until vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes;.
- 3Add chili powder and cumin and stir for 1 minute;.
- 4Add tomatoes with juices and stock. Bring to a boil and add sugar and vinegar; season with salt and pepper;.
- 5Add quinoa, beans and corn. Cook, stirring until mixture returns to a boil;.
- 6Reduce heat to low;.
- 7Cover and simmer until quinoa is tender – about 25 minutes.
- 8Note: when re-heating, you may wish to add extra stock or water.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: