Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very colorful sidedish! You will find quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and.
- carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and.
- quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and.
- simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid.
- is absorbed, adding the broccoli during.
- the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove.
- from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.