Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a great snack or lunchbox filler. It comes from a British Weight Watchers cookbook and tastes good hot or cold. It's worth taking the time to get the tofu extra crispy as it adds to the texture. In British Weight Watchers this is 4.5 points. It is easy to double and triple if needed and requires few "fresh" ingredients making it an ideal store cupboard standby.
- 50 g quinoa
- 50 soybeans, frozen
- 60 g green beans (trimmed, or 60 g trimmed mange-touts peas)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 0.25 ml chili flakes
- 50 g tofu, cubed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- Mix together the chili, lemon juice and zest and pour over the tofu.
- Place the quinoa in a large dry pan and heat until it begins to pop.
- Add enough water to cover the quinoa by an inch and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Add the soy bean and green beans/mange tout and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and rinse well with cold water.
- In the now empty pan, place the tofu and dry fry until brown and crispy.
- Serve the quinoa with the tofu on top and if desired a drizzle of soy sauce for flavor.