This makes a great snack or lunchbox filler. It comes from a British Weight Watchers cookbook and tastes good hot or cold. It's worth taking the time to get the tofu extra crispy as it adds to the texture. In British Weight Watchers this is 4.5 points. It is easy to double and triple if needed and requires few "fresh" ingredients making it an ideal store cupboard standby.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the chili, lemon juice and zest and pour over the tofu.
- 2Place the quinoa in a large dry pan and heat until it begins to pop.
- 3Add enough water to cover the quinoa by an inch and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Add the soy bean and green beans/mange tout and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- 4Drain the quinoa and rinse well with cold water.
- 5In the now empty pan, place the tofu and dry fry until brown and crispy.
- 6Serve the quinoa with the tofu on top and if desired a drizzle of soy sauce for flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Tofu Salad
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: