Recipe by One Little Deer
I used a lot of the ingredients I would use for regular meatloaf. You can add more or less of anything and it will still turn out great.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb tofu, firm
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1 cup cashews, ground
- 1 cup walnuts, ground
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.
- Set water or vegetable broth to boil and add quinoa. Immediately cover and remove from heat. Do not uncover until ready to use.
- Combine oats, garbanzo beans and water in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Break tofu up into small chunks. In large bowl combine all ingredients, including cooked quinoa.
- Mold into lightly oiled loaf pan.
- Cover and Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Watch for it to brown but not dry out.