Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quinoa adds a chewy texture and greater nutritional benefits than bulger.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup parsley, chopped (about one bunch)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chiffonade
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- kosher salt
- Simmer quinoa in water for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place quinoa, parsley, onion, tomato, and mint in a mixing bowl and toss together lightly. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Pour over salad and mix throughly. Chill for an hour or more to allow flavours to blend.
- Garnish with olives and feta cheese, if desired.