Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a package of Bob's Red Mill brand quinoa. It's perfect because my husband and I love Middle Eastern food, but he's allergic to gluten and can't have traditional tabouleh. The fresher the herbs, the better because they are really the cornerstone of this recipe. Feel free to add tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, toasted pine nuts, anything you desire. It would make a great meal with a side of veggie kabobs and vegan tzatziki. Cooking time includes cooking the quinoa and refrigerating the salad. Preparation time includes chopping.
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup scallion (or any type of onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (or pressed)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Toss the quinoa and fresh herbs together.
- Mix garlic, liquids, salt, and pepper, then pour over the quinoa. Stir to coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.