1/2 Photos of Quinoa Tabouleh
Sweet Diva's Note:
My first introduction to quinoa. A very good recipe that I make frequently. The serving size is estimated....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 medium tomato, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onions or 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (opti)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint, Finely Chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Put the quinoa in a wire strainer and thoroughly rinse with hot water to remove any bitter flavor.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring the water and quinoa to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 4Let cool completely.
- 5Stir the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and parsley into the quinoa.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt.
- 7Pour over the quinoa and toss well.
- 8Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Tabouleh
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 400.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g