Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My first introduction to quinoa. A very good recipe that I make frequently. The serving size is estimated....
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onions or 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (opti)
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh mint, Finely Chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the quinoa in a wire strainer and thoroughly rinse with hot water to remove any bitter flavor.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and quinoa to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Stir the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and parsley into the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt.
- Pour over the quinoa and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I made this without the cucumber, peppers and garlic as I wanted it to resemble authentic Lebanese tabouleh more closely. It turned out perfectly. Thanks for posting!
A lovely salad and a great use for my first ever attempt at cooking quinoa
This was my first time using quinoa and I am very pleasantly surprised. This salad was delicious, it was gobbled up very quickly by everyone, even the people who said they didn't like quinoa. Thank you.