Recipe by agileangus
A twist on traditional tabbouleh - this recipe was posted on our local newspaper. I made a few modifications. Shrimp would be yummy too, or just serve it vegetarian.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled & sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain quinoa using mesh strainer. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the quinoa, broth, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes, until all broth is absorbed. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, place diced tomatoes in a colander to drain excess moisture. Sprinkle with salt and let drain 10 minutes.
- Combine cooled quinoa, drained tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, garlic, remaining lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Chill at least 1 hour. Stir in chicken, parsley & mint just before serving.