Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Quinoa, once a staple grain of ancient Incas, is tossed with lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, green onions and parsley. Serve with pita bread, if desired.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 bunches green onions, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil.
- Add quinoa and a pinch of salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, carrots and parsley.
- Stir in cooled quinoa.