1/1 Photo of Quinoa - Stuffed Mushrooms
Adapted from a recipe I found in a store magazine. I had these today and they were yummy, not to mention healthy. Quinoa contains 5g of protein, 3g of fiber and only 1g of sugar per 1/4 cup and its also very low fat. Try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, caps and stems wiped clean
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, divided (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped leek, white part
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted and finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place quinoa in a bowl and fill with water swish around a few seconds. Let sit;.
- 3Separate mushroom caps from stems.
- 4Finely chop stems and measure out a generous 1/3 cup.
- 5Spray caps with olive oil spray inside and out. Set on baking sheet open side up
- 6Swish quinoa again and them drain in through a fine sieve strainer.
- 7Heat 1 tbs grape seed oil in a skillet over med-heat. Add leek, garlic and reserved mushroom stems, sautéing until fragrant. Stir in quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil.
- 8Cover, reduce heat and simmer till liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, 8-10 minute.
- 9Stir in lemon juice, walnuts and parsley.
- 10Season to taste with salt.
- 11With a teaspoon, pack stuffing inside mushroom caps, mounding high.
- 12Roast till hot and fork tender, about 10 minute
- 13Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa - Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g