1 hr 3 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a baking dish that will hold the peppers upright.
- 3Cut 1/2 inch from the top of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- 4In a large stock pot with a steamer tray, steam the peppers 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Remove and set aside while preparing the stuffing.
- 6In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 7Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and saute until tender.
- 8Add the oregano and tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer about 8 minutes.
- 9Fold in the cooked quinoa.
- 10Fill the peppers with the quinoa mixture and stand up with their sides touching in the prepared baking dish.
- 11Cover loosely with foil and bake until the peppers are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g