Another from my first box of Quinoa - posting for safe keeping - haven't made this one yet. When I do I'll probably make the salsa myself rather than use jarred.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook quinoa as per packet.
- Steam peppers until soft but not limp.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Add the diced tomatos (reserving the juice).
- Add the crushed garlic and salsa.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sherry and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Fold in quinoa.
- Place peppers in baking dish and fill with quinoa mixture (half the mixture will be used up).
- Thin remainder with reerved juice and pou around peppers.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over peppers and bake in 325 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
This is my first time using Quinoa and it won't be my last. Very delicious recipe. I did not presteam the peppers as we like them to still have some crunch. The 30 minute baking time gets them hot through but still with full texture. I cut the recipe in half but used 4 cloves of garlic. For the tomatoes a used a 14 oz can of Mexican syle (spicy) and for the cheese a Jalapeno Cheddar. Nice and flavorful but not so hot that it would bite you. Thanks for posting Pink Princess
This recipe just did not hit the mark for us. It was my first time making anything with quinoa and was very disappointed. My husband didn't like it either. Luckily since making this I have been to potlucks where quinoa was in a salad and I liked that. I won't be making this again.
Yum! I made 1/2 of this and used orange bell peppers but still used the full amount of quinoa. I forgot the wine and didn't have any mushrooms, but it was still really good.