Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I cooked this up one night after needing to use tomatoes before they spoiled. I conveniently had some left over quinoa (super healthy grain) and with some other ingredients came up with this. I didn't measure so everything is approximates. Adjust to your taste. Enjoy!
- Cut tops off of tomatoes and hollow out with a spoon, reserve & chop flesh from inside, throw out juice, or freeze for soup.
- Place tomatoes in square baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, beans,left over tomato flesh, 1 cup cheese, salsa, cumin and salt to taste.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.