Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Eden Foods. OAMC?
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, leftover
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1⁄4 cup organic sunflower seeds, dry, pan roasted
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil, for oiling the squash skin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together, in a medium bowl, the quinoa, parsley, garlic, black eyed peas, sunflower seeds, red pepper, celery, lemon juice and shoyu.
- Lightly oil the squash skin, with Oil, to prevent splitting.
- Stuff each squash half with the quinoa stuffing.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice over each stuffed squash.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- The squash may be steamed for 45 minutes instead of baking. Any Beans may be substituted for Black Eyed Peas.
I loved how healthy this was, so many wonderful ingredients. Thanks for posting.