1/2 Photos of Quinoa Stir Fry With Spinach & Walnuts
Found this in Prevention Magazine, this is easy, healthy and most importantly...very tasty. You can substitute any cheese for the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. I recommend a strong hard cheese, but I have used all kinds and they all work. When I’m in a rush, I leave out the walnut pieces. A great side dish or when I am really lazy, add some cooked chicken for a great meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place quinoa in small bowl, add water to cover, and swish to rinse. Pour into mesh strainer and drain well.
- 2Heat oil in medium skillet. Add quinoa. Toast, stirring, over medium heat until golden (about 10 minutes) Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and 2 cups of water. Heat to boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 3Spread walnuts in small skillet and stir over medium-low heat until toasted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 4When quinoa is cooked, add spinach and tomatoes to skillet. Stir fry over medium heat until spinach is almost wilted and tomatoes are warmed, about 1 minute. Stir in walnuts and cheese. Garnish with basil. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Stir Fry With Spinach & Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.3 g