1/1 Photo of Quinoa Stew
A spicy, hearty vegetarian dish. You won't even miss the meat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups yellow potatoes, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeds removed, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernel
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1In a large pot or high-sided sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, cumin and oregano. Sauté until the onions are tender, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add potatoes and zucchini and sauté, stirring, until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3Add quinoa and toast, stirring, until golden brown in color, about 1 minute.
- 4Add stock, chipotle chilies, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- 5Add corn, season to taste, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- 6Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Stew
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo