Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A spicy, hearty vegetarian dish. You won't even miss the meat!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups yellow potatoes, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeds removed, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernel
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, freshly grated
- In a large pot or high-sided sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, cumin and oregano. Sauté until the onions are tender, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and zucchini and sauté, stirring, until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Add quinoa and toast, stirring, until golden brown in color, about 1 minute.
- Add stock, chipotle chilies, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, season to taste, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest.