Recipe by MtlYogini
Beautiful color and texture makes me crave this salad. Keeps well for next day lunch, simply add the seeds just before serving. Sunflower seeds may be substituted for the pumpkin. I have cut the balsamic vinegar by half as I found it to be overpowering in the original recipe.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place quinoa in a colander and rinse several times rubbing the grains together to remove the bitter outer layer.Place 2 cups of water and quinoa into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Place spinach, cucumber and tomato in a salad bowl, pour over the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add the cooked quinoa, mix well.
- Add the pumpkin seeds just before serving.