Recipe by mandabears
Fantastic recipe from my favorite web site skinny taste.com. I make this at least once a week. Quinoa is very good for you and delicious as well. 1 cup of uncooked quinoa equals 3 cups cooked quinoa.
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs, I use 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooled cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, onions, garlic, salt, spinach, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well and let sit for a few minutes.
- The batter should be moist, but not runny.
- Form 1/4 cup sized patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- In 2 or 3 batches cook the patties covered for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.