- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place quinoa in a bowl, cover with water, drain well.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add quinoa and cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic and cook stirring another minute. Stir in salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for one minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in walnuts and cheese.
- Garnish with basil if desired.